Do you qualify for a Cavity Wall Claim ?

There are a few pre-qualification questions that you need to answer, in order to find out if you qualify for a Cavity Wall Claim.

Are you the homeowner?

You need to be the homeowner to make a Cavity Wall Claim – this is not available to social tenants, so if you are a council or housing association tenant, then unfortunately we cannot help. However, if you are a private tenant, then your landlord can apply for compensation, and if you do have damp or condensation this could be a win/win situation – by you having your damp or condensation situation resolved at no cost to the landlord.


Are you under the age of 79?

Unfortunately, because this is a NO WIN NO FEE Cavity Wall Claim arrangement we cannot help if you are 79 or older, unless someone younger has a Power of Attorney to legally act on your behalf.


Were the walls insulated no more than 14 years ago?

Don’t worry if you cannot answer this question because you cannot find the guarantee – we will help you get a copy.

The guarantee issued by the Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency (known as CIGA) was for 25 years – but the Law only allows you 15 years to make a Cavity Wall claim. The claims take between 6 and 12 months to complete. Therefore, we can only start cases within  14 years of the insulation being installed.


Is this the first time that you have made a Cavity Wall Claim for Compensation?

If you have previously made a claim for Cavity Wall Compensation which had a Court decision made, you will not be able to apply again.


Is the insulation still in the cavity?

Unfortunately, if the cavity wall insulation has been removed we cannot process a cavity wall claim.

If you have answered Yes to these 5 questions – YOU QUALIFY TO MAKE A CAVITY WALL CLAIM!!

If you have answered No to any of these questions, it does not mean that you can’t make a Cavity Wall Claim, we suggest you call us to discuss your enquiry.